KIPP Baltimore Board
As President of the Board of Directors, I welcome you to KIPP Baltimore's web-site! KIPP is the top performing public middle school in the City of Baltimore three years running with some of the highest Math scores in the entire State of Maryland. KIPP came to Baltimore in 2002 starting with a small 5th Grade class, four founding teachers and a school leader.
From its beginning, KIPP Baltimore has been educating children from the highest poverty areas of the Park Heights Community and helping them to climb the mountain to college. Personally, I have been an avid KIPP supporter since stepping into the original KIPP Academy in Houston Texas in 1994. We are so fortunate that we now have a KIPP School that shines brightly in the National KIPP network.
I encourage you to visit our campus and see what a transformative educational environment has blossomed in the midst of Park Heights. Come meet our Team and Family, and learn from them that Knowledge is indeed Power! We look forward to hosting you soon.
President, KIPP Baltimore Board of Directors
- What strikes me most about KIPP Baltimore is the dedication and passion that the teachers and staff members brings to their jobs. It makes my job as a board member that much better to know that I am helping to support such an amazing group of educators. — Hugh Cole III, Board Member
- KIPP Baltimore is positively effecting change in the lives of school children by producing extraordinary results. From my perspective, KIPP is Baltimore's brightest light! — Mitchell Whiteman, Board Member
- The public - private partnership of the KIPP model provides a high return on investment for the private supporter KIPP funds go far both in number of students served and in their outstanding performance. — R. Hutch Vernon, Board Member
- Our future leaders are our children and it is my privilege to work with the team at KIPP Baltimore to help prepare our students for success in college and in life. We teach our students the value of an education and teach them the importance of building their character and academic skills in order to succeed in college and beyond. We hope to help build a better future together to teach children to be happy, self sufficient, successful adults in this global competitive world. The greatest reward from volunteering at KIPP Baltimore is to see the tremendous joy on the faces of our students as they work together as a team, read, learn, grow, and help build a better world for themselves and for all of us. — Wendy Perrow, KIPP Baltimore Supporter
- "I am so excited to see KIPP Baltimore opening a second school to serve children in my district. KIPP has made great contributions to the lives of young people in Baltimore, and I am proud to be an Honorary Board Member of this important organization as it expands its impact in our city." — Congressman, Elijah Cummings